Diagnosis – the first step of treatment.
Without a proper diagnosis, treatment is ineffective. Therefore, in Rehasport Clinic we pay particular attention to it. The procedure of diagnosis is complex and in each case individual. We can distinguish several components of it:
- Conversation with the patient. Here the doctor can determine the main reason of visit, identify the circumstances of the injury, and all afflictions. Various types of information about patient activity and lifestyle are also collected. Surveys and questionnaires are often used too.
- Physical Tests, namely various kinds of tests and measurements carried out mainly in the doctor’s office to assess the status or function of the body parts .
- Imaging Tests are very often an extremely useful additional test. They enable a precise description of structures such as bones, ligaments or muscles. Their demand depends on the characteristics and nature of the injury. In orthopedics, the most popular are considered to be:
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Laboratory tests of blood, urine or wound swab also tend to be a valuable source of information for the doctor, even necessary in specific cases.