Doctor Marek Stawniak is a medical doctor specializing in surgery, orthopedics and motor organ traumatology.
In 1992 he started his post-graduate internship in the Department of General Surgery of the City Hospital in Poznań. In further years he continued his career in several private and state centers and there he acquired new competences and skills related to orthopedics and motor organ traumatology. Since 20015 he has been cooperating with Rehasport Clinic. In the meantime he completed a set of internships in Poland and abroad, among others in the Netherlands at the Department of General Surgery, Free University Hospital, in Amsterdam and the Department of Plastic Surgery, Hospital Central de Asturias, in Oviedo in Spain.
Marek Stawniak gained his experience by participating in numerous courses and symposiums related to the field of his specialization:
– 2006 – International Upper Limb Arthroscopy and Endoprosthetics Course, Poznań
– 2008 – Shoulder arthroscopy Course, Budapest,
– 2008 – Congress of the American Society for Hand Surgery, Chicago
– 2009 – Tetraparesis tendon transfer course, Budapest
– 2009 – Brachial plexus surgery course, Taiwan
– 2012 – VI International Poznań Shoulder, Elbow and Wrist Surgery Course, Poznań
– 2013 – Arm and knee joint arthroscopy course, York
Aside from participation in congresses as an auditor, doctor Stawniak was active as a training instructor, orthopedics trainee educator with regard to shoulder and elbow arthroscopy with the use of anatomical preparations and non-fixed preparations, as well a chairman of hand surgery workshops.
Marek Stawniak belongs to the Polish Orthopedics and Traumatology Society and Polish Society for Hand Surgery.
In his free time, he travels and drives off-road vehicles. He is a history enthusiast.