Vascular surgery is a discipline that combines general surgery and cardiology. It includes diagnostics, conservative and invasive treatment of such diseases as artherosclerosis and other venous system disorders (incl. varicose veins). Vascular surgery is aimed at assuring patency in the blood circulation system and lymphatic system. Vascular system disorder treatment prevents emergence of life-threatening coronary thrombosis.
In Rehasport Clinic we have a modern diagnostic equipment (Doppler ultrasound scanning device) which lets us detect obstructions in the blood vessels system and mark the blood flow. Based on the results of the Doppler ultrasound examination, the vascular surgeon may decide to organize further treatment.
Vascular surgery includes such treatments as :
- angioplasty (among others aorta, cervical vessels, hip vessels, thigh vessels, vertebrae vessels, visceral vessels),
- abdominal aortic aneurysm treatment,
- chronic and acute limb ischemia treatment,
- varicose vein surgeries (incl. laser surgeries),
- carotid arteries stenting with the use of CAS method,
- carotid arteries surgeries with the use of classic method, the so-called CEA.
Arrange an appointment with a Rehasport Clinic vascular surgeon. Please feel free to consult our doctors in Poznań